Remember Logos II

History

Constructed by Union Naval Levante SA of Valencia Spain in 1968, the ship was originally known as Antonio Lazaro and was owned by Compañía Trasmediterránea. The ship was designed to operate a ferry service to Morocco, carrying 400 berthed and 200 deck class passengers. She later sailed between Spain and Spanish territories in North Africa. She was designed with a cargo hold forward and side doors for the loading of vehicles. GBA Ships renamed her Logos II in 1988 and made extensive renovations and upgrades to prepare the ship for service as the replacement for GBA Ships' first ship Logos.


Logos II Statistics

TOTAL VISITORS 10,736,396
PROGRAMME ATTENDANCE 1,527,439
BOOKS PURCHASED ON BOARD 11,677,212
NAUTICAL MILES SAILED 177,326
TOTAL PORTS OF CALL 350
COUNTRIES & TERRITORIES VISITED 81
DIFFERENT PORTS VISITED 186


Click here for the Logos II port schedule history.

Technical Specifications

Call Sign 9HVE2
Port of Registry Valletta, Malta
Type Passenger
Built 1968, Valencia, Spain
Classification Bureau Veritas (BV) (Reg. No. 28Y289)
Tonnage 4804 GRT
1441 NRT
1654 DWT
3219 LDT



Capacities

Persons 214
Cargo (Books) 914 m³
Dry Provisions 120 m³
Cold Provisions 91 m³
Diesel Oil 517 m³
Lube Oil 61 m³
Fresh Water 485 m³



Dimensions

Length 109.55 m
Breadth 16.30 m
Design Draught 5.12 m



Equipment

Main Propulsion Engine 2 X B&W 1035 VBF 62
in-line 10 cyl. 2-stroke
4592 kW (6240 bhp) total
Marine Diesel Oil
Direct Drive
Controllable Pitch Propellers
Electrical Plant3 AC Gen. Sets, 380V 50HZ:
- 2 MWM 440-8 TBD (650 kVA)
- 1 Mitsubishi 56R2-MPTK (600 kVA)
Air Compressors2 Hamworthy 2TF54 30 bar
Steering Astilleros de Cadiz Electrohydraulic
RefrigerationErba
R-22 Direct Expansion
Air ConditioningWorthington
R-22 Chilled Water
10 Fan Rooms
12 Fan Systems
Bitzer Direct Expansion supply for main and aft conference rooms
Deck Machinery Astilleros de Cadiz
1 Windlass
2 Capstans
2 Derrick Winches @ SWL 3 t