Child Protection Policy
GBA Ships takes seriously its responsibility to protect and safeguard the welfare of all children and vulnerable adults. We have an agreed commitment to care for children. We endorse work practices and lifestyles that protect GBA Ships staff members including the children under the care of GBA Ships.
For this reason, GBA Ships is committed to:
- Ensuring the safety of children and young people in locations and facilities where we are responsible to care for them;
- Striving for excellence in the care and nurture of the children and young people for whom we are responsible;
- Encouraging and supporting parents;
- Ensuring that staff and volunteers are given support and relevant training about child safety;
- Clear understanding and communication of procedures for dealing with concerns about child safety;
- Preserving as best we can the dignity and reputation of each person affected by concerns about child safety, by adhering to defined procedures for maintaining the confidentiality of personal and private information which may be disclosed;
- Complying with legal requirements in reporting;
- Having robust human resource recruitment and screening practices in place where relevant in close cooperation with our local recruiting offices.
In our care for children, GBA Ships does not tolerate the abuse or neglect of children in the care of GBA Ships, and it responds to all reports of concern for child safety.
GBA Ships manages its activities to reduce the risk of child endangerment through specific policies and procedures, relevant training of staff and volunteers in child safety and intervening in cases of high-risk behaviours to prevent harm to children and complying with applicable laws and regulations concerning the safety of children.
A more detailed child protection policy can be requested by sending an e-mail to Child.Protection@gbaships.org